Saturday, 20 November 2010

Sweet Chilli Kale Crisps


Again, like the wasabi kale crisps, incredibly easy to make.

INGREDIENTS
100g kale
1 vine tomato
1 Medjool date
1/2 red chilli (or as much as you would like)
2 tsp rice vinegar


METHOD
In a coffee grinder or coffee mill blend the tomato, Medjool date, chilli and rice vinegar.
If you would like a slightly runnier consistency add a touch of water.
Place kale in a large bowl.
Add sweet chilli sauce to kale and mix thoroughly.
Place sweet chilli kale on dehydrator trays.
Dehydrate for around 1 hour 30 minutes.


Since I am predominantly a low fat raw vegan I wanted to avoid using seeds in my kale crisps recipes. This works out very well with no added fats.


*For those of you reading who do not have access to a dehydrator, put your oven on its lowest setting and sit place the food on the bottom shelf, keeping the oven door open.*

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your blog very much. The information was interest to me. Thanks for sharing the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :)

    Thank you for reading my blog! And thank you for your comments.

    Hope you found some of the other recipes interesting.


    Deborah

    ReplyDelete